Update Your Personal Information

Applicants and Admitted Students

If you have submitted an application or been admitted, but are not yet enrolled in classes, you may make changes or corrections to your personal information by submitting an Application Update Request Form to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.

Changes to your personal information

If you are an applicant or admitted student and have not yet enrolled in classes, you can request changes to information included in your application file for the following:

  • Name*
  • Date of Birth*
  • Social Security Number*
  • Legal Sex*
  • Address
  • Email
  • Phone Number

*Supporting documentation required to successfully process your request. See form for details.

Use of this form requires an activated NetID and password. If you are unable to activate your NetID due to an incorrect Social Security Number or Date of Birth, please email Processing for assistance.

Enrolled/Registered Students

If you have already registered for classes or are a currently enrolled student at Texas State, please review the methods below for making changes to your student information.

Changes to your personal information

Currently enrolled (registered for classes) students at Texas State must submit name, Social Security number, and date of birth changes to the Office of the University Registrar.

​Changes to your major or preferred area of study

If you would like to change your major or preferred area of study, please contact the Academic Advising center for the new major you wish to pursue.