Non-Degree Seeking Applicants
If you have prior college work, but have not earned a bachelor's degree, and will not be working toward a degree at Texas State, you may be considered for admission as a non-degree seeking student.
Non-Degree Seeking Students are:
- Transfer students who enroll in courses at the undergraduate level without pursuing a degree at Texas State
- Students who are planning to enroll in courses for one semester before returning to another institution
Non-Degree Seeking Regulations
Non-Degree Seeking Students:
- Are limited to enrolling in no more than a total of 24 semester hours.
- Must reapply for admission each semester as a non-degree seeking student by the appropriate deadline until the 24-hour maximum is reached.
- May apply work earned as a non-degree seeking student toward a degree only after they have reapplied for regular admission and met assured admission requirements.
- Are not eligible for financial aid.
- Must be eligible to return to all previously attended colleges/universities (i.e., free of suspension, dismissal, or enforced withdrawal).
How to Apply
Submit an application
Submit an application on ApplyTexas, making sure to list all colleges and universities previously attended.
- Select Texas State University from the list of four-year colleges and universities.
- Select the Transient application type.
- Choose the semester you wish to enroll.
- For first-choice major, select Exploratory.
- Complete and submit the application.
Pay the Application fee
Pay the nonrefundable application fee of $75 by check, money order, Visa, MasterCard, American Express. (Non-degree seeking students are not eligible for fee waivers.)