The Terry Foundation supports students with exceptional leadership skills, scholastic ability, and the drive to succeed. Terry Scholars are selected from a highly competitive applicant pool of incoming freshmen to receive full-ride scholarships renewable for up to four years from the Terry Foundation.
Benefits for a Terry Scholar
Freshman/Traditional Scholarship Program
- strong academic abilities, as evidenced by grades, class rank and SAT/ACT scores
- a record of leadership in school and in the community
- demonstrated financial need, as evidenced by the completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- must meet U.S. and Texas residency and citizenship requirements sufficient to qualify for in-state tuition and for federal financial aid assistance
- graduated from an accredited Texas high school or homeschool
- granted admission to Texas State University for the summer or fall immediately following the application deadline. They must be admitted as a full-time entering freshman, for the purpose of completing a first baccalaureate degree.
- must live on campus within the Laurel Honors House during the first year of the scholarship as part of the Terry Scholars Learning Community